Official Rules and Regulations for Submissions to the Greens Farms Academy ("GFA") 2014 International Youth Film Festival:
1. Greens Farms Academy will be holding an international youth film festival in 2014 for the benefit of its students and the school community. The title of festival will be the International Youth Film Festival.
2. All films must be submitted to GFA's International Youth Film Festival (also the "Film Festival" or "Festival.") by way of a hyperlink that leads to the submission in question. GFA recommends the use of Vimeo or YouTube.
3. Participants in the International Youth Film Festival must be between the ages of thirteen(13) and eighteen (18) years of age as of the date the participant signs this agreement. This age range is representative of the age of students enrolled in American high schools.
4. All submitted films must be the original work of the submitter(s).
5. All submitted films must adhere to the guidelines outlined in the description of each of the four submission categories (Narrative, Documentary, Experimental, and Social Action).
6. Within each category, a shortlist of five (5) films will be selected by the Film Festival's preliminary panel of judges and then evaluated by Festival's official judges. The Festival's official judges will select a winner in each category. The submission deadline for the GFA 2014 International Youth Film Festival is February 1st, 2014. Winners will be selected by March 20th, 2014.
SUBMISSION AGREEMENT AND RELEASE FORM:
I am hereby submitting the attached film to GFA's International Youth Film Festival. In the event that the film in question is a product of a collaborative effort, I understand that each filmmaker must sign a copy of this Agreement. I hereby acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions.
1. I have read, understood, and complied with all the official rules and regulations of GFA's International Youth Film Festival, and I hereby request that Festival's judges view and evaluate my film. I further agree that the Festival may, for any and all purposes consistent with the Festival's mission, distribute, publish, and display my film (or parts thereof), including but not limited to such usage at GFA's International Youth Film Festival and via the Internet.
2. I confirm that I am a current high school student (this includes homeschooled individuals and students attending equivalent international institutions) AND that I am between thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years of age as of the date I signed this agreement.
3. I confirm that I am the sole and exclusive owner of all rights thereto, and that I have the full and exclusive rights to submit my film to GFA's International Youth Film Festival. I verify that my submission is not currently under option and has not been purchased by any third party, that there are no disputes regarding ownership of the film, and that no rights or permission are required from any third parties for any and all uses of the film as contemplated in this Agreement. I further confirm that my film does not invade the privacy or violate the rights of any individual, alive or dead.
4. I hereby indemnify and hold blameless GFA's International Youth Film Festival and its affiliates individually and collectively from and against any and all claims, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses, losses, or liabilities arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not meritless, based on my film or any other materials that I have submitted to GFA's International Youth Film Festival.
5. I hereby waive and agree that I will never assert against GFA's International Youth Film Festival any claim or action based on plagiarism, infringement, confidentiality, idea theft, unfair competition, or any other legal theory or cause of action in connection with my film. I understand that GFA accepts no liability whatsoever for the unauthorized use of all or part of my film by any person. I hereby completely release and forever discharge GFA of and from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, legal fees, expenses, debts, and causes of actions against it of every kind whatsoever in connection with my submission.
6. I understand that the Film Festival accepts no liability for the loss or non-receipt of my submission. I further understand that the Film Festival will not and is not obligated to return to me my film or any other materials that I have submitted.
7. I agree to abide by the decisions of the judges with regard to all matters relating to the competition. I understand that the judges are not obligated to provide any feedback to me regarding my submission. I understand that any failure to comply with the rules, regulations, terms, and conditions of the International Youth Film Festival may result in my disqualification.
8. If I am named a finalist or winner, I hereby grant GFA's International Youth Film Festival the nonexclusive right to use my biographical information (for example, name, age, nationality, etc.) and photograph in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities relating to the Film Festival. (Please note that the Film Festival will seek to take great care to protect your privacy and will not distribute personal information for any other purpose or in any other circumstance.)
9. The laws of Connecticut, USA, shall govern this Agreement. All actions arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be brought to courts in Fairfield County, Connecticut and I submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of said courts. I agree that a final judgment in any such action will be binding and final.
10. This Submission Agreement and Release Form contains the entire agreement between the GFA International Youth Film Festival and me. It may not be modified or amended unless by a written document signed by both an authorized representative from GFA's International Youth Film Festival and me. Should any provision(s) of this Agreement for any reason be declared invalid, such provision(s) shall be deemed omitted, and the rest of the Agreement will remain in full force and effect.